In the age of surveillance, it is common to feel like as if you are being watched. Now think the same in a hotel room. Uncomfortable! Right? Hence, in order to feel safe and enjoy your vacations, follow the below given useful ways which will help to detect hidden spy camera:
1) Scan your surrounding carefully in order to detect a hidden camera:
First and foremost is to search inch-by-inch to find the hidden camera. I know this is the obvious step to do but this is considered to be the best step to be followed to detect the nanny cam
Detect Hidden Cameras Indoors:
- Smoke detectors
- Air filter equipment
- Wall décor
- Electrical outlets
- Desk plants
- Tissue boxes
- Stuffed teddy bears
- Couch cushions, table tops, and shelves
- DVD cases
- Lava lamps
- Digital TV boxes
- Wall sockets
- Hairdryer holders
- Wall or alarm clocks
- Clothes Hooks
Most Common Positions to Locate Hidden Cameras & Microphones Outdoors
- House plants
- Holes on the doors
- The roof the house
- The doorbell outside your home
NOTE: Some objects may have suspicious wires, lights or lenses that are features of hidden spy cameras. If you find any unusual power outlets or adapters, unplug them immediately.
Listen to sound as you walk through the entire room. Some hidden motion-sensing surveillance cameras would make an almost audible buzz when in operation.
2) Turn off the Lights to Spot Hidden Cameras in night vision
You can use the principle of night vision security camera in order to find the hidden camera. Most of the hidden security cameras have red or green LEDs. The LEDs will definitely blink or shine when in low-light conditions.
When in low-light conditions, the LEDs around the camera lens will turn on automatically to provide the light of the cameras to produce clear night vision images.
Steps to follow to find out the hidden camera:
- Step 1: turn off the lights and draw the curtains
- Step 2: Check whether red or green LEDs are blinking in your room.
Be it a wired or wireless camera, with these ways you will surely detect the surveillance CCTV cameras in your car, in stores, in the living room, bedroom, at your home, etc.
3) Your smartphone can play a smart role in Locating Hidden CCTV Surveillance Cameras:
Trick 1: Use a Phone Call to Check for Hidden Cameras & Microphones
- Step 1: Make a phone call with your friends or family.
- Step 2: Walk around your room. Hidden surveillance normally gives a special radio frequency that would surely interfere with your phone call signal.
And if you notice signal interference at a specific place or position, stop and check this place carefully to find out whether there is a hidden security camera there.
Trick 2: Use Mobile App to detect the camera
- Step 1: Install a “detect hidden cameras” app on your smartphones.
- Step 2: start the app on your mobile phone. The in-built software will display a red glow when your Smartphone approaches a hidden camera.
NOTE: it will also glow when near other types of hardware devices with radio frequency.
4) Check the Mirrors in Your Room:
There’s a useful tip you can use to detect spy cam in two-way mirrors in fitting rooms, toilets, bathrooms, etc.
- Put your fingernail on the mirror.
- Observe the gap between your finger and the mirror.
If there’s a gap between your finger and the image, it’s a real mirror. If your finger and the image touch tip to tip, there would be a hidden spy camera in the mirror.
5) Even Use Flashlight could consider being the best step to find Hidden Cameras:
This works best in dark condition!
- Turn on the flashlight and turn off the lights in your room.
- Pan the flashlight around the room.
Move slowly to examine any suspicious device from different angles. If you notice any reflective lights from an object, there might be a hidden camera there.