A security camera can be a powerful force against burglars. The security camera might scare off an intruder because criminals don’t want to leave behind any evidence. But what should we keep in mind while installing a security camera in the home? Check that out!
Do you need a security camera?
There are two situations where one needs a security camera which is: when you are at home and when you are away. Along with security, the camera can make life little easier and comfortable.
Why do we need a camera while being at home?
Simple answer: to keep a check at the first door from any room in your home. These are convenient especially in the middle of the night or when you are not on the first floor.
- You can use it as a video baby monitor.
- Even, you can have a check on family member throughout the house and monitor areas that are off-limits like cleaning supply closet.
- It will help you to identify the creepy noise coming from downstairs, without even getting out of bed. If you hear unwanted noise at night you can check those with the help of a camera.
- You can take good care of an old person who is at home with the help of a security system. You can place a security camera in his/her room so that if they want anything you will able to give them.
Why do we need a camera when you are away?
Security cameras are not only best for catching burglars but they can give you peace of mind when it comes to your family, friends and your kids. And while on vacations you can enjoy with full peace of mind if you know that you have security check at your home 24/7.
- Check on your pets when you are away.
- Record proof against burglars when they try to break in
- Get to know what your kids are doing
- Keep an eye on babysitter or nanny.
- Watch suspicious behavior around your house or check on neighbors too
Types of security surveillance camera:
There are so many hidden security cameras available in the market. From fixed cameras to pan and tilt camera, night vision camera to motion detection camera, there is a security camera for almost every scenario.
Wireless security camera:
Easy to install, without the help of any technician. This camera can contact to your security system through an internet connection. You can customize your wireless camera and control it with your Smartphone or computer. Its foremost benefit is they don’t have to be wired into the home to communicate with the alarm system.
Night vision and fixed lens camera:
A fixed camera that does not move, change direction or zoom. And these are often coupled with night vision which uses infrared technology to illuminate poorly lit areas and record footage at night.
Outdoor security camera:
These kinds of cameras generally have night vision elements and are weather-proof. And they are important for seeing and talking with the people at the door. Even, this is good to check what is going outside your home or business.
- Dummy security camera:
Fake signs and camera may scare them and give an impression to the intruders that they are being watched. No doubt they are the cheap alternative to actual cameras but the fake camera may not give you the same peace of mind as a functioning camera.
Hidden or covert security camera:
They are also known as nanny-cams, can be concealed in secret places like a bookshelf, cookie jar etc. These are used to catch evidence but for that, you have to hide them at a place which might be hard to detect. Keep an eye on your babysitter or watch your kids when they are at home, all alone